8/27/09

to tuft or not to tuft...

so my upholstery guy, arnie, has a couch of mine waiting to be done, and he's had it for two or three months cause' i can't
A - find the right fabric or
B - decide if i should tuft the back or not.
as it is now the entire back cushion is tufted but i kind of want the clean look of no tufts, sometimes. the couch is very similar to these couches below and will eventually have all the woodwork painted white and chocolate velvet upholstery, or something. any suggestions or links to sway me one way or the other? this is for my office.

EDIT: here is an example of a tufted couch.

image via little green notebook

10 comments:

Becky said...

I say no tuft....I wish I had an office.

alison said...

i would also say not to the tufting. but what a fabulous couch! you need to post pictures of your house, and your office eventually. i bet it is all fantastic. hope you are doing well.

Amy said...

I thought that I could see the difference in the two pictures and that I had figured out what tufting was. But, then I realized that I was just seeing some dust on my computer screen that showed up better on the brown picture.

I love that you have an upholstery guy! I especially love that his name is Arnie.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Liz- Sorry I guess I will show my ignorance in that I don't even know what "tufting" is :) Good luck with the choice I am sure it will be FAB whatever you decide :)

Randy and Danielle said...

I vote for no tuft, it will get too fussy with the curves of the couch.

Lyric Payne said...

I like tufting on the bottom cushions (but not the back) because then the fabric seems to not show wear and stretch as much. I am all about functionality!

Jenni said...

no tufting.

skidentist said...

this is leighanna, but i think jordan is signed in on my computer and i'm too lazy to change it. no tufting. for some reason i don't feel like tufting on this particular couch would fit with the rest of your house. it's going to be a really cool couch though. i can't believe you find all this stuff!!

. said...

Here is my couch http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=931&f=31200&q=azure+couch&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

if you can get the "tufting" to look like this, sort of flat I say do it.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view